There are certain beauty rituals that you wish you could do without. Waxing is one of them. It wouldn’t be so much of a concern if only it were less painful. But that’s just the reality of looking and feeling good.
That said, there are a few tips and tricks that you can try so that you look forward to your next appointment—
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever half an hour before your appointment.
- Before heading to your appointment, use an exfoliating scrub to remove the layer of dead skin that is likely trapping your hair—to make it easier to remove.
- Let your hair grow to about a quarter of an inch before waxing.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your aesthetician for a cold compress after your session if your skin is feeling extra sensitive.
- Do not apply fragrance or alcohol at least 24 hours after your waxing session.
- Lie down while your having your eyebrows waxed to avoid getting wax on your eye (which is common when you insist on sitting upright)
- Steer clear of tight clothing for 24 hours—which basically means steering clear from working out as well.
- Avoid direct sun exposure as well.
- Never wax before or during your period when your skin is most sensitive.
For more information on how to make your next trip to the waxing salon feel less of a task, you may check out [Insert link to waxing tips]. Please also like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
Return to Maxwax Blog